Guest post by Erin Bradley
Enjoy leftovers in a new way and that your kids and hubby are sure to love! Easy, all-in-one homemade Mac & Cheese with leftover ham (or chicken) and broccoli is a quick weeknight meal that is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters!
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. flour
2 cups milk
16oz. dry noodles of choice
1 dash salt for water
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 1 lb. package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
1 to 2 cups cooked, diced ham or chicken
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Cook noodles according to package directions in lightly salted, boiling water. Drain and return to pot.
3. While noodles are boiling, whisk together 2 tbsp. butter and 2 tbsp. flour over medium heat.
4. Slowly add 2 cups of milk, stirring constantly until mixture thickens, about ten minutes.
5. Remove pot from heat and add in 2 cups shredded cheese. Stir until smooth.
6. Meanwhile, break apart larger broccoli florets into smaller pieces and place in a medium bowl. Add the meat and mix together. Pour contents on top of drained noodles.
7. Pour cheese mixture on top of noodle mixture and stir well. Pour entire mixture into baking dish.
8. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of mixture. Bake in oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Serves 8
As a wife and working mother of three girls ages 6, 4, and 2, Erin Bradley enjoys embracing the many life experiences that come with raising young children. Erin seeks to follow and serve the Lord daily while working hard to provide for the needs of her family. Finding new ways of organizing her home and simplifying different areas of her life has become one of her many passions to make more time for the important things.